In our media-driven world, communication is a vital tool for congregations. The 2016 Winter Conference will teach how to communicate better within your church and to local communities. The interactive workshop will take place on Saturday, January 16 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Salinas. It will cover the following topics:
• Keys to an effective website
• Newsletter tools and best practices
• A “who’s who” of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), and how it can unify your church
• Submitting stories and pictures to Along the King’s Highway
• Publicizing your events with local media
• How to write a good news article
• How to take photos for websites & newsletters
Cost is $20 per person and includes lunch. Coffee and snacks will be served beginning at 9:30 a.m. The conference will be hosted by Elrond Lawrence, Diocesan Communications Specialist, who will draw upon his 25 years of public relations and professional writing experience for corporations and non-profits.
Register online here to reserve your spot. You can also register by mailing a check to the diocese offices, or pay at the door.