Commission on Ministry
The Commission on Ministry (COM) consists of clergy and lay persons and assists the Bishop in providing the development and affirmation of the ministry of all baptized persons in the church.
For guidelines and training materials for Eucharistic ministers and other lay ministers, visit Licenses for Lay Ministry.
Discerning a call to lay ministry? Try the following:
- Take EfM (Education for Ministry), a 4-year certificate program; you can start in any year and commit to one year at a time. Based on small-groups and online study.
- Take online CALL (Center for Anglican Learning and Leadership) classes through the Church Divinity School of the Pacific (CDSP)
- Ask your Rector to recommend books to read for spiritual development.
- Lead a book study or Bible study group at your church.
- Become a licensed lay minister or licensed lay preacher.
- Teach Sunday School — for any age — at your church. It will connect you with the material!
- Become a Stephen Minister.
Discerning a call to ordained ministry? The first step is to have a conversation with your Rector.
For more information about ministry resources, contact us.